This does not compute.

If you have a six-story building it's what, 70' high?  With static and friction 
head, that shouldn't be more than about 40-43 PSI from the street, unless 
you're using 3" risers ...

And remember that the 100 PSI is at the discharge side of the valve; most hose 
valves have at least 3 PSI and sometimes as much as 7 or 8 PSI head loss (we've 
had this discussion on-forum before).

Steve



-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Williams - work [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 6:22 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: pump tricks


I seem to be running into several situations lately where there is a 
very fine balancing act between meeting the 100 psi at the top outlet 
of the standpipe and not exceeding 175 psi at the base of the riser. 
(6 story hotels are a good example) Does anybody have any good ideas 
they'd care to share on making these work? I'd like to limit the use 
of extra-heavy pipe and fitting (especially larger sizes) and PRVs. I 
have several tricks up my sleeve, but I'm running out of sleeves.

Todd

Todd G. Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, Connecticut
860-535-2080
www.fpdc.com 

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

Reply via email to