I have one we installed in my foreman's summer home in NH.  It leaked from
day one but he epoxy'd it from inside and it took.
The leak was next to the gas connection on top.  I called and called about
it.  I think we got one of the last ones the guy was making for Potter as
his number was shut-off the last time I tried to contact him.  We got the
bottle of air but never got the bottle of nitrogen that was supposed to be
included and had to buy one locally.  It looks great but it was a problem.
The guy was in the midwest someplace, I had an email and phone but they're
both dead.  It's been in service for a couple of years now, battery powered
alarms work, gas works, everything is ok with this one now.  Sorry to hear
of a similar issue, maybe that's why they're gone now?

Tom Duross
Boston
GRS

Tom Raimondo (a local guy around here) sells them in addition to electrics.
I've installed one of his electrics and it worked great.
http://www.raimondofiresystems.com/


Yes. The unit I have in my classroom is a leaker that was donated to
me by the contractor after Potter replaced it with a new unit. It is a
staic disply in the class and I don't know where the leak occured.

On 2/8/07, Jim Kettler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We are experiencing some issues with the Potter Hydra-Tank 13D systems. In
> the event of an activation, these system utilize nitrogen to pressurize
the
> water tank. We are receiving complaints that the systems are continually
> leaking nitrogen. The contractor stopped using this system half way
through
> the construction of the development (switching to the typical electric
pump
> and tank system). Some residents have already converted their system to
the
> electric pumps.
>
> Has anyone else experienced these problems? Are the issues related to
> equipment or installation practices? I've found very little on the net and
> we are trying to combat the inclination of some residents to shut off the
> systems.
>
> Thanks!
>
> James M. Kettler, EFO, CFPS
> Fire Marshal
> Buckingham Township, PA
>


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

Reply via email to