Since you can only use a vane switch in a wet pipe, and since there is
no sudden inrush I think the concern was more with being too close to
the main drain where there would be a sudden pressure drop that could
pull the vane backwards, either damaging the mechanism or pulling the
vane off the shaft.

On 2/9/07, George Church <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Sure you weren't thinking of a DPV or deluge?

There's not a sudden inrush of water above a Alarm check.

glc

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bill Minkel
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 6:39 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: WATERFLOW SWITCHES

I have been told that when the flow switch is too close to an alarm valve
the sudden flow can damage or tear off the vane. Just what I was told once,
notta clue if it's a valid concern



_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum



--
Ron Greenman
at home....
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

Reply via email to