I am also a user of both programs and while I agree with Travis about being able to write volumes about the pro and cons of both, I tend to disagree with the increase in productivity. The jury is still out on the stock listing issue too. If you let the program tag the pipe the way it wants to, it may be faster, but then it seems to be in a random order (hmmm). If you tag the pieces individually so the tags are sequenced the way you want them it takes forever. If they have dropped their price that's a good thing, however, check what their maintenance fees are compared to HydraCad. I kinda wish AutoSprink would go away...
Ed Aero -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Travis Mack Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 9:45 AM To: [email protected] Subject: RE: Design software I currently use both programs. I would have to say that since converting to AutoSprink, I have seen nearly a 200% increase in production. There are some things that are "unique" with AutoSprink, but they are no different than the quirks of other programs. The listing is superior for AutoSprink. The calcs are great. I am also still a fan of HydraCAD. I think hydraCAD has some of the best AutoCAD cleanup tools out there. The bayspace command in hydracad is also a great tool for use in many buildings. There are comparable entities in AutoSprink. I could probably write a volume comparing the pros v cons of each program. I will say that since AutoSprink dropped their price SIGNIFICANTLY, it is going to get a larger market share. You may also want to visit the AutoSprink forums at www.autosprink.com to see what issues / comments other users are having. Travis -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andy Johnston Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 9:34 AM To: [email protected] Subject: Design software We are considering making the jump from HydraCAD to Autosprink It is a big dollar difference and would like some impute from somebody that has used both. Not looking for software sales men, but people using it daily. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. If you don't think it should be a forum topic my Email is [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thank you for your attention. Andy Johnston _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum -- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.441 / Virus Database: 268.17.39/686 - Release Date: 2/14/2007 7:54 AM -- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.441 / Virus Database: 268.17.39/686 - Release Date: 2/14/2007 7:54 AM _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
