I have used HydraCad for years and SprinkCad now for a few years. HydraCad
is superior but you can place or move anything anywhere you want to with
both.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe Burtell
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 3:45 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Design software

I have never used HydraCAD but I have used SprinkCAD for years and it does
not have any restrictions that I remember. I think it comes down to laziness
and a lack of pride in ones work. 

Joe Burtell, SET, CFPS
Burtell Fire Protection, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.burtellfire.com
 

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 1:36 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Design software

How about with HydraCad? 


Craig L. Prahl, CET
Fire Protection Group
Mechanical Department
CH2MHILL
Lockwood Greene
1500 International Drive
PO Box 491, Spartanburg, SC  29304-0491
Direct - 864.599.4102
Fax - 864.599.8439
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.lg.com


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe Burtell
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 3:30 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Design software

I would say with AutoSPRINK it's the operator. I can move text, nodes, and
fabrication tags anywhere.

Joe Burtell, SET, CFPS
Burtell Fire Protection, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.burtellfire.com
 

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 1:25 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Design software

Question for the automated package users..... 

I have been told by several contracts that they can not manipulate where the
program places text, nodes and other type information on the drawings.  This
has often resulted in some pretty crappy looking drawings and drawings that
are hard to review, especially when text is
stacked on top of each other to create a blob on the drawings.   Now I
don't' know if it's really the software or just careless cad operators
(notice I'm not using the term "designer" here).   Seems that more
companies are using less skilled designers and just using cad drafters to
produce layouts.  Cheaper labor but a poor product if design is the product
you sell.

Also had the same issue with the automated calcs.  The logic of order just
didn't exist.  Going from a node in the middle of the system to another
somewhere else and another somewhere else with no rhyme or reason makes for
a miserably tedious review.  


So the question is, is the problem in the software or the operators?


Craig L. Prahl, CET
Fire Protection Group
Mechanical Department
CH2MHILL
Lockwood Greene
1500 International Drive
PO Box 491, Spartanburg, SC  29304-0491
Direct - 864.599.4102
Fax - 864.599.8439
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.lg.com


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum



_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

Reply via email to