Todd,

You've been banned!!

Actually, I think most of your questions are tough and George must be out of
the office currently!! :)

I think that the answer to the below question is: this used to be addressed
in some earlier editions and due to the confusion regarding the tub/shower
area, my understanding is that this has been removed from the standard so
you have to now include the area for the tub and or shower in your square
footage calculations.

Cliff Whitfield
Fire Design, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Todd Williams
- work
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 7:44 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: showers in res bathrooms

There was some scuttlebutt a while back about not including the area 
of the tub/shower when calculating the area of a bathroom (within 
dwelling unit) to determine if sprinklers are required. There is 
nothing in NFPA 13 2002 to support this. Should we include the tub 
within the area calc? I usually include it as a mater of course, but 
am working on a project where this could be the difference between yes and
no.

BTW, is the Forum working or have I been banned?

Todd G. Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, Connecticut
860-535-2080
www.fpdc.com 

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to