I am designing a system for a pool annex to a hotel. Construction is all wood. Over the pool itself there is a ceiling pocket. The plan is to run a loop around the perimeter of the pocket with dry pendents in the low area, and rising up to sidewalls to protect the pocket. The space above is to be protected by Tyco Attic Sprinklers. What I want to do is to connect the line of attic sprinklers on either side of the lower loop, creating a multiple or compound loop. Does this violate the restriction on gridded dry systems, considering that a grid is no more than a series of loops? If I can do this compound loop (which really helps hydraulically), where would be the cut-off between a compound loop system and a grid system? I am not that worries about trip times because I am next to the riser room.

Todd G. Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, Connecticut
www.fpdc.com
860.535.2080 _______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to