Forumites,

Ditto what Mr. Leyton said.  Our affiliation with AFSA has been key to the
success of our business.

I came back from the convention and hit the ground running.  I am "borrowing" a
PowerPoint Presentation for our next AFSA San Diego Chapter meeting, I have my
staff working on "to-do" items that I came home with - which include tips from
the classes I attended in DC.  There were sessions on how to make your firm
more valuable, a session on how to survive during economic hard times, talk
about good timing!  Steve presented changes to NFPA 14, George Church did his
thing, James Golinveaux.....  tons of information in one place!

The social aspect of the convention is invaluable as well.  I am working on
some issues here in California and I found people that can help me - and people
who need my help.  Our network of friends and colleagues is paramount to our
business.  Barely a day goes by that I don't need the assistance of someone I
met through AFSA.

Terri Simmons Leyton
PROTECTION DESIGN & CONSULTING
Ph:      858-751-2930 - ext. 101
Fax:    858-751-2933
Cell:  619-871-8450
In Chinese the word "crisis" contains two symbols, danger & opportunity... How
do you choose to deal with "crisis"? --Jim Maclaren