Dear Forum,  I've come across a bit of a quandary.  In the '07, 8.16.1.1.3.2
allows a backflow preventer to be considered a check valve.  7.1.1.2 says
that I have to have a pressure gauge above and below my system check valve.
We use Tyco's riser manifold which has a pressure gauge attached.  In our
typical single wet system riser, we place our backflow on the underground,
and our manifold on top of the backflow.  So, where would my upstream
pressure gauge go?  It would seem that my only two options are to tap a
short piece of pipe below the backflow, or put a gauge in the backflow test
cock.  I'm going to verify with Ames, but I'm assuming you can't put the
gauge in the test cock without voiding the listing of the backflow.  So, am
I missing an option?  How does everyone else meet these requirements? 

 

Thanks,

 

Jimmy Waite

Burtell Fire Protection

406-652-7697 x 15

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to