I knew from previous tests that there was going to be a problem with
the supply. So I set up this test to flow a new hydrant near the
building and read pressures at 3 hydrants. The flow hydrant is at the
end of a dead end 6" line. One set of pressures was read at the
hydrant further out on the same main(P1). The second pressure
readings were taken at a hydrant at the intersection of the branch
main and the looped 6" main (P2). The third was at a hydrant further
along on the 6" looped main. As I said earlier, the flow was 369 gpm.
The pressures were as follows: P1= S94/R16, P2= S92/R34, P3=
S80/R75(static consistent based on elevation difference). Somewhere
there is a major issue. The big question is if P2 is connected to the
looped main or the branch main. The only thing that would make sense
to me would be if it was connected to the branch main after an
obstruction. I'll issue my report and see what happens.
Interesting side note. I did a building about 1/4 mile from the
intersection of these roads (off of a 12" main) and had 1400 gpm at 80 psi.
Todd G. Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, Connecticut
www.fpdc.com
860.535.2080
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)