Craig,
You may have looked already but..., try the law citing inspections of
sprinkler systems. Most I have seen say in the definitions that the
"sprinkler system" includes all pipe... blah blah, Fire Pumps..., etc..

R/
Matt
 
Matthew J. Willis
Norred Fire Systems L.L.C.
318-387-1134 Voice
318-387-1163 Facsimile
[email protected]
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
[email protected]
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 10:07 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Mississippi law concerning who tests fire pumps

I have an owner who wants to train his own people to test his fire pumps.

What I need to know is if this is permitted under State Law or if not, where
is it written down that testing is to be performed by a licensed sprinkler
contractor.

I got info from the State BOC that you must be licensed to test but they
couldn't tell me where that is in writing and it will take proof in writing
to convince this owner if he's going down the wrong path.

thanks


Craig L. Prahl, CET
Fire Protection Specialist
Mechanical Department
CH2MHILL
Lockwood Greene
1500 International Drive
PO Box 491, Spartanburg, SC  29304-0491
Direct - 864.599.4102
Fax - 864.599.8439
[email protected]
http://www.ch2m.com

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to