From: sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of Dewayne
Martinez
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 1:23 PM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: unsprinklered combustible space - 3000 SF design area

I have a question for the forum after reading Roland's comments from the
archive.

"The reason this issue was addressed is that the prior edition simply said
Buildings With an Unprotected Concealed Space shall have a 3000 sf Remote
Area.  So if you have a 12 story building with ONE such space only on the
first floor, the 12th floor still had to have a 3000 sf remote area.

It was changed to say adjacent.  It doesn't say HORIZONTALLY so it includes
the floor above.

The issue of the office within a warehouse was not discussed (and guessing
where a group of 30 votes will land is often an exercise in
futility) but I would think it is still applicable.  Keep in mind that the
area above the office is at a lower density than the rest of the warehouse
(except for the 15 ft overlap)