Another thought and position that we have presented is that the 3,000
sf remote area should not apply to SMALL unprotected, combustible
concealed spaces.  As discussed in the Sprinkler Handbook, the intent
is to accommodate the additional demand created by fire breaking out
of the concealed space in multiple areas.  If ALL the potential break-
outs are well within the initial size of the remote area, what is
gained by increasing the size?  The committee has not addressed this
issue so it can not be considered to be anything but a personal
opinion.  As should go without saying, such ambiguous issue must be
discussed with the AHJ before assuming bids, installation etc can be
based upon it.

Roland