Dave,
         you may get some assitance in looking up Grinnell Technical 
Bulletin TD107 if possible.
Regards,
Luxie

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Ron Greenman" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 8:18 AM
Subject: Re: Grinnell F300 DPV Pressure Info Needed


> Dave,
>
> I didn't think the F-300 dries went that far back.All the forties  stuff I 
> remember were E-2 models. If the latter the big problem is the  brass on 
> brass inner seat. They are robust though and last a long time  even with 
> poor maintenance. They are 6:1 if I recall but are very  sensitive in high 
> water pressure situations. If it is anD-300 model  from the forties it's a 
> different series than i'm thinking of and I'll  be of no help.
>
> [email protected]
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> Ron Greenman
> ...On the phone
>
> On Sep 12, 2009, at 2:46 PM, "Dave Phelan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Greetings to all -
>>
>>
>>
>> I am working on a project with several 1940 era Grinnell F-300 DPV's  - 4
>> inch.  One of the many issues with these systems is the incorrect air
>> settings from the supplied air system and lack of proper air  maintenance
>> devices.  Does anyone have a table or air pressure / trip point 
>> information
>> on these valves?
>>
>>
>>
>> The systems are holding back a fire pump which develops 180 PSI at  churn 
>> and
>> maintains 125 PSI via the jockey pump.  Currently they are providing  up 
>> to
>> 80 PSI of air in the systems .. Did I mention there were some  problems 
>> with
>> this project ?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Dave P.
>>
>> An AHJ in NJ
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Sprinklerforum mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
>>
>> For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]
>>
>> To Unsubscribe, send an email to:Sprinklerforum- 
>> [email protected]
>> (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
>
> 

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to