Good Friday Morning All:

 

Yesterday I visited a facility that has an existing gridded dry system
installed in 1981 - I assume that was legit back in those days?  The system
is protecting fruit stored in bins in a controlled atmosphere building.  The
system is rotting out and needs to be replaced, I can't find a specific
clause in the codes that say's replace it as it currently is - the problem
being a dry grid.  To further complicate the problem the original
classification was a Class II (fruit in wood bins), today those bins are
HDPE - Group A Plastic.  With this information would you agree that you
can't replace the system as originally installed?

 

Jim Johnston, P.E.

Fire Protection Engineer

Inland Fire Protection, Inc

1100 Ahtanum Road

Yakima, WA 98903

Phone 509-248-4471

Fax 509-248-1180

[email protected]

 

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to