Hi All,

I wanted to run a few questions past the forum here on ESFR's.

1.) I have a situation where spacing is at 10x10 but a new wall is making an 
existing sprinkler 5'-10" off the wall which means I will have to add a 
sprinkler between the existing ESFR and the wall BUT code says ESFR's can't be 
any closer than 8 feet. Any guidance on this?

2.) I have a mostly noncombustible interstitial space between a new grid 
ceiling and the roof deck. By mostly I mean steel bar joists throughout but 
with a wood roof deck which is almost completely covered by noncombustible 
insulation. I figured the existing sprinklers above the grid ceiling will 
remain however they are ESFR. Can an ESFR remain as protection of the 
interstitial space? Below the grid ceiling is storage occupancy requiring it's 
own ESFR's. My gut is telling me NO since wouldn't the interstitial space be 
light hazard therefore requiring quick response sprinklers?

3.) All the ESFR systems I've done in the past were in warehouses without 
ceilings with everything open to the structure above. In this new case there is 
a grid ceiling going in some of this warehouse with storage below. I didn't see 
anything in the code prohibiting ESFR's in lay in ceiling situations but it 
seems kind of out of place - maybe it's just because I've never seen it before 
but I wanted to verify here.

Thanks in advance to all who answer!





      
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to