Dear forum members,

While attending Cecil's recent hydraulic calculation seminar (Awesome!), I
was reminded of the allowance for the remote area reduction for high
temperature sprinklers in extra hazard occupancies. 

I have a project with a specification for ordinary temperature sprinklers
for an extra hazard area. I plan on submitting an RFI to the project
engineer to see if the area could be reduced using high temperature
sprinklers. In order to make everyone feel warm and fuzzy about the
reduction I was hoping to get some background on how the reduction for high
temperature sprinklers came about.

My theory is that the original area densities were derived from initial
testing with Ordinary temperature sprinklers and that some years latter
testing with high temperature sprinklers indicated that the effectiveness of
the higher temperature sprinklers was superior.

Can anyone confirm/dismiss this theory or provide any other insight on this
reduction? (year of testing/who performed testing, etc)

As always thank you very much for your insight! And thank you Cecil for the
numerous nuggets of info in the seminar!

Damien Shannon.

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to