Dave,
'10 Handbook, 10.10.2.2, "The trench must be backfilled prior to hydrostatic 
testing to prevent movement of underground piping.  The backfilling can take 
place between joints if it is desired to observe the joints for leakage and if 
the backfill depth is sufficient to prevent movement..."

Scott Futrell
 
(763) 425-1001 Office
(612) 759-5556 Cell


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of David de Vries
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 12:24 PM
To: AFSA SprinklerForum
Subject: Leaking Lead-In

I am looking at a new lead-in that was hydro-tested after being backfilled and 
the floor slab poured over it.  It failed the hydrotest.  I went to look up in 
13 and 24 the "requirement" that underground piping be tested before being 
buried.  I can't find it.  Is my memory bad (no comments about old age, Ron, 
please) or am I perhaps thinking of a best practice that I previously included 
in a spec?
 
Any help in finding that would be appreciated.

Dave 

David A. de Vries, P.E., CSP 
Firetech Engineering Incorporated 


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to