Has anyone experienced one of these buildings? It is actually a type of
joist with 16gauge steel formed for the top and bottom chords and has roll
insulation and standing seam metal roof on top, like a purlin building. For
my hanger attachment, I have decided to utilize the Tolco Fig 58 side beam
attachment with two ¼x1 Tek screws per its listing, as my largest pipe is
4”. But what has me curious is the seismic attachment at the structure. The
only thing I can come up with is to through bolt the attachment to the top
chord. Does anybody have any other ideas or experience with these? I have a
question in to the GC who is asking the building manufacturer, but this has
been a long process and would like to see what options others have done. Any
other ideas on the hanger would be useful too. I went down the road of the
Sammy screw but the only ones that are listed that can be attached to this
thin of metal have to have the retaining nut on the back, there is no way to
install the nut on this type of structure.

 

Thank you,

 

Bobby Gillett

Sr. Project Manager

Key Fire Protection, Inc.

(731) 424-0130 office  (731) 424-9285 fax 

(731) 267-4853 cell

 <mailto:[email protected]>
[email protected]

 

 

 

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to