An architect has contacted me concerning remodeling of an existing radio
station.

"They have broadcast studios which are isolated double walls which are
structurally independent of the building framing in order to isolate any
foreign noise or vibration from coming into the room.

For the proposed additions to take place, we would be required to sprinkler
the entire building".

Owners concerns:  "To have sprinkler head connected to a rigid steel pipe
filled with water is throwing the sound engineer over the edge."

Has anyone run across this scenario before?

Any thoughts you might have are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

G. Tim Stone

G. Tim Stone Consulting, LLC

NICET Level III Engineering Technician

Fire Protection Sprinkler Design

and Consulting Services

                117 Old Stage Rd. - Essex Jct., VT. 05452

CELL: (802) 373-0638   TEL: (802) 434-2968   Fax: (802) 434-4343

                            <mailto:tston...@comcast.net>
tston...@comcast.net