and right after I hit send- your point sunk in-- i should never be surprised by any results! thanks
-----Original Message----- From: Brad Casterline [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 1:02 PM To: [email protected] Subject: RE: Remote Area Question no argument from me on that Ron :), designers do create! -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 12:50 PM To: [email protected] Subject: RE: Remote Area Question On anything but a straight forward gridded system I always tell designers they don't find the remote area they create it. Ron Fletcher Aero - Phoenix -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Brad Casterline Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 10:45 AM To: [email protected] Subject: RE: Remote Area Question Roland, as I have said before, I like being right, but I love being corrected when I am not :). I think you are right and I am wrong regarding the interpretation of the referenced section. I think there are problems with the referenced section though (i.e. "configuration" instead of "system" perhaps, needs expanded on maybe). I know a Standard can only do so much, and predicting which heads will activate in a given fire scenario is beyond 13, it can only tell us which ones to 'play like' activated, even if that is a long narrow strip. Since head activation is proportional to the radial distance from the center of the plume, I see "remote" areas as round, like they were in the beginning of calcs (so I am told). Square is a close simplification, then as we distinguish big pipe from little pipe we stretch it to include more little pipe, as you alluded to. I am terrified of not calculating the most demanding scenario so I do not rely ONLY on the referenced section-- I have seen the surprising results produced by 'imbalances', elevation differences, etc, to not do some additional analysis sometimes. I am not trying to "tell" you anything, as I believe your reply was only relative to the interpretation of the referenced section. Thanks, Brad -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:50 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: Remote Area Question well... i'm not a lost cause yet. i'll give it some more thought. thanks. Quoting Roland Huggins <[email protected]>: > I was hoping I'd be able to convert you :) > > The question of the most demanding would be WHICH cross main you drop > the rectangle on. > > Roland _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
