Cecil,
Thanks for the input, I had figured all that out after asking the question.
The seventies and eighties were really, really bad to me.  As one song from
that day said, "My momma try to talk to me she try to tell me how to live,
but I don't listen because my head is like a sieve".  Like I said, really
bad.  LOL.  Anyway I do appreciate the help.


Thank you,

Bob Knight, CET III
208-318-3057
www.firebyknight.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Sprinkler Academy - C Bilbo
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:43 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Small Pre-action System


Hi Bob,
You need 7 psi as a minimum (gauge pressure, dude...) on Double- and
Non-Interlock systems. (you are counting on the sprinkler activation before
the valve will operate, thus minimum 7 psi on the head itself...) You have
to supervise the piping on systems more than 20 sprinklers.  Supervisory air
is sometimes only ounces, but as you may already see, that would only be on
a single interlock system.
Hope this is helpful info.
It should be recognized that the above is my opinion as a member of the
NFPA, and has not been processed as a formal interpretation in accordance
with the NFPA Regulations Governing Committee Projects and should therefore
not be considered, nor relied upon, as the official position of the the
NFPA, nor any of their technical committees. 

Sincerely,


Cecil Bilbo
Academy of Fire Sprinkler Technology
Champaign, IL
217.607.0325
www.sprinkleracademy.com

[email protected]

 

OUR STUDENTS SAVE LIVES!!



> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Small Pre-action System
> Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 16:50:36 -0700
> 
> It's been years since I have designed a small (3 sprinklers) single 
> interlock pre-action system.  I have a vague remembrance of not 
> needing an air supply for a system this small, but I can find that 
> info anywhere.  I'm wondering if I'm confusing it with the requirement 
> for supervision on systems over 20 sprinklers?  Or, is this where the 
> 7 psi limitation comes in?  Atmospheric pressure is something like 
> 14.7 psi so the 7 psi limit is meet?
> 
> Dazed and confused in Idaho,
> 
> Thank you,
> 
> Bob Knight, CET III
> 208-318-3057
> www.firebyknight.com
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkl
> er.org
                                          
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to