Mike,
So the room is 24-feet wide, but there is a 2-foot gap on one wall,
another 2-foot gap in the middle, and another 2-foot gap along the other
wall...so 6-feet of total gap and 18-feet of total ceiling?
I would require sprinklers above and below...however, the architect is
welcome to appeal this to the local AHJ and let him decide.
rick matsuda
city of dallas

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Mike Hairfield
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 9:16 AM
To: AFSA SprinklerFORUM
Subject: Ceiling Clouds Again

I should have saved all the info on Ceiling Clouds but to no avail I
deleted them.
 
OK here is my situation, the room has a ceiling that the opening between
the wall and
ceiling is 24" wide. The room is approximately 24' wide by 40' long also
in the middle of 
the room is a 24" wide gap between the ceilings.
 
The ceiling height is 9'-0" A.F.F. and the roof deck is 14'-0" to t.o.s.
 
The Architect can not understand that this room needs sprinkler
protection above
and below.
 
Now where in NFPA-13 do I find this requirement?
 
Thanks,
 
Mike
                                          
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to