I don't do the equivalent k-factor. I put the entire thing into the calc file so I can better tweak it. If you are doing military, those trench nozzles have to be 40-45 psi. That is a tight range, so you need fine control over those.

If the balance point is on the suction side of the pump, then that is just where you put it. I guess I am not seeing where the issue lies?? Sorry.

Travis Mack, SET
MFP Design, LLC
2508 E Lodgepole Drive
Gilbert, AZ 85298
480-505-9271
fax: 866-430-6107
email:[email protected]

http://www.mfpdesign.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MFP-Design-LLC/92218417692
Send large files to us via: https://www.hightail.com/u/MFPDesign

On 1/28/2016 5:00 PM, Jerry Van Kolken wrote:
I guess what I'm asking is how do you typically show the balancing in a
setup like this?

I've calculated them both. Then I plug the overhead system into the trench
as a k-factor. But I've never had to deal with the overhead being supplied
before the pumps. My calc program says they systems work together but the
graph looks like it would be way above the supply curve.

Jerry Van Kolken
Millennium Fire Protection
(760) 722-2722

-----Original Message-----
From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:[email protected]]
On Behalf Of Jerry Van Kolken
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 3:34 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Balancing Systems

Any advice on balancing systems from a the same source when one is charged
with a fire pump and the other is not? I'm working  on a AFFF hangar system
where the new trench system is charged by fire pumps and the existing
overhead is fed direct from the city supply on the opposite side of the
building.

Jerry Van Kolken

Millennium Fire Protection Corp.

2950 San Luis Rey Rd.

Oceanside, CA 92058

(760) 722-2722 FX 722-2730

We Have Moved Please update your records with the new address

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to