From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On
Behalf Of John Irwin
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:14 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: Flexheads in small renovation

I disagree with Richard. (Hi Richard!)

Relocating these sprinklers with flex heads may very well change the location
of the most hydraulically remote area to the place you are working. Flex-heads
come with a substantial pressure loss. Even if doing calculations wasn't
required, I would want to do them for myself for peace of mind. My belief has
always been that you can't tax the system without verifying that it still works.

John Irwin
Manger - Fire Sprinkler Division
Critical System Solutions, LLC
Cell:     813.618.2781