I just recently had the question asked of me of, when do you need to install a
thermal expansion loop in CPVC piping?  I searched all of the manufacturers
that I could think of and they all appear to say basically the same thing, in
long straight runs of pipe.  No one specifically defines what that length would
be and likewise I could not find an allowable expansion amount.  For instance
an expansion of  ½" or 1" is acceptable or at 1" expansion you will need one.
I can understand not defining a specific length of run since each geographic
area has different temperature changes which would affect the expansion, but I
would have thought that they would define an expansion threshold.  Any guidance
that can be given would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Mike Stossel SET
[400dpiLogoCropped]
36 Barren Road