1.    New soffits
  

  
2. Trying to find out type of foam.   
  

  
3. Trying to get occupancy details.   
  

  
4. True, but I am concerned about the expansion.   
  
  
  
 Todd G Williams, PE  
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
  
Stonington, CT
  
860-535-2080 (ofc)
  
860-553-3553 (fax)
  
860-608-4559 (cell)
  
  
  
  

  
  
>   
> On Sep 26, 2017 at 9:14 AM,  <Craig/GVL Prahl (mailto:[email protected])>  
> wrote:
>   
>   
>                 
>   
>   
>  Why are they asking for 7 heads in a  300 sq.  ft. room?    Does this 
> include sub-level heads below obstructions?
>   
>  Are you providing high expansion foam, only HEF will “fill a  room”.
>   
>  Foam-water systems are typically provided to protect areas subject to pool 
> fires.    The idea is to create a foam blanket at the floor level over the 
> spill.   
>   
>  Foam-water systems are typically either 94% or 97% water with regards to 
> what comes out of the sprinklers.   
>   
>   
>
>     
>
>   
>   
>
>   
> Craig L. Prahl
>   Fire Protection Group Lead/SME
> CH2M
>  200 Verdae Blvd.
>  Greenville, SC    29607
>  Direct - 864.920.7540
>
>   
>
>  Fax - 864.920.7129
>
>   
>
>  CH2MHILL Extension    77540
>  [email protected]
>   
>   
>
>   
>   
>
>     
>
>   
>   
>   
>
> From:   Sprinklerforum 
> [mailto:[email protected]]  On Behalf Of  
> [email protected]
>   Sent:  Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:27 AM
>   To:  Sprinkler Forum  <[email protected]>
>   Subject:  Life Safety in Foam Systems [EXTERNAL]
>
>   
>   
>   
>
>   
>
>   
>   
>
> Since I couldn't find the Foam Forum, I figured I would ask this here. I have 
> been asked to design a modification to an existing foam system inside a 
> building. I am still trying to get details on occupancy, design, etc. There 
> is no one in the room on a regular basis, but there is occasionally. My 
> concern (at this point) is that they are asking for 7 sprinklers (closed) in 
> a 300 sqft room. Are there any life safety concerns with this? I wouldn't 
> want to see someone get trapped in a room filling up with foam.   
>
>   
>   
>   
>   
>
>   
>  Todd G Williams, PE
>
>   
>   
>
>  Fire Protection Design/Consulting
>
>   
>   
>   
>
>  Stonington, CT
>
>   
>   
>   
>
>   860-535-2080 (tel:860-535-2080)  (ofc)
>
>   
>   
>   
>
>   860-553-3553 (tel:860-553-3553)  (fax)
>
>   
>   
>   
>
>   860-608-4559 (tel:860-608-4559)  (cell)
>
>   
>   
>   
>   
>  _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list 
> [email protected] 
> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org
>   
  
  
 
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to