NFPA 13, 2016 edition has what appears to be a new section, 8.2.4.4, that
allows one to disregard the requirements of 8.2.4 (control valves for each
floor in multi-story building) when doing dry pipe systems in parking
garages.

The reason I say appears to be new, is because they relocated the control
valve requirements to 8.2.4 in 2016 from 8.16.1.5 in 2013, but the language
of 8.2.4.4 wasn't in that section in 2013.

I mean, it makes sense since you can't have a FCVA on a dry pipe system,
but we're doing a 4-story parking garage under the 2013 edition and I'm
trying to make sure we're not going be slammed by the AHJ to provide 4 dry
valves!

Can anyone let me know if the verbiage in 8.2.4.4 exists in editions of
NFPA 13 prior to the 2016 edition?

Thanks,

Ben Young
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to