Ok put your skates on if your going to go out on the ice with me.  It’s a 13R
building.  You want to use a type of sprinkler not available in the residential
family so are applying 13 in so far as it is applicable (aka as defined by
outside the dwelling unit).  QR spray sprinklers are accepted for dwelling
units while applying the LH design basis (as per 13). If we can apply the
hybrid design basis fro OH in a 13R system, why not for LH?  That’s my trail of
dots.  Since it is not explicitly drawn in the standard, discuss with the AHJ.

Roland Huggins, PE - Senior VP Engineering
American Fire Sprinkler Assn.
Dallas, TX
http://www.firesprinkler.org <http://www.firesprinkler.org/>

Fire Sprinklers Saves Lives