I think I follow. And that makes sense.

John Irwin
Quick Response Fire Protection

From: Sprinklerforum <sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org> On Behalf
Of Mark Sornsin [FAR]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 3:22 PM
To: 'sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org'
<sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>
Subject: RE: Mixed rack storage

John,

I assume the ceramics are on pallets and/or in cartons so are considered class
I or II .

The hazard is greater than 12’ storage of Group A plastics. And it has to be
greater than 20’ storage of ceramics simply because 20’ storage of ceramics
doesn’t normally have the highly combustible lower 12’. By that logic I don’t
see how you can protect as 20’ storage of ceramics. The question is whether or
not there is a design somewhere between 20’ ceramics and 20’ group A plastics.

[Visit our Website at www.SummitCoUS.com]<http://www.SummitCoUS.com>

Mark Sornsin
Sr. Fire Protection Engineer
Direct: 701-499-1391