Use common sense.  There is guidance on all scenarios is not sorted yet.
If the lift plate on which the car rests has lots of openings ( ~ 50% is
the line in the sand for racking), then overhead-only should be good.
If the car rests on a solid plate to keep oil off what is underneath... I
would find a way and a place to put a sidewall under the plate, if it were
my condo/garage/car lift.

Scot Deal
Excelsior Risk & Fire Engineering
gms:  +420 606 872 129   (GMT+1)