I recently attended HROC (High Rise Operations Conference) in Pensacola on the
invitation of two NFPA 14 committee members who are active fire service.   It’s
a fire service-only event and I was the only civilian in attendance – to say
that I learned a lot is a great understatement as it was possibly the most
informative professional event I’ve ever attended.  Also, I got an earful from
firefighters, captains and chiefs who regularly use standpipes in mid- and
high-rise buildings.

The information in that card is VERY important to the engineer on the first due
pumper.  In fact, based on hearing about this from at least 8 or 9 different
attendees at HROC, I’m going to introduce a committee input that would require
that the inlet and outlet flow and pressure metrics be permanently labeled at
each hose connection equipped with a pressure reducer.    (On a side note,
there is so much energy AGAINST factory-set PRV hose valves, you can’t imagine.
  Down to the last man and woman, firefighters want infinitely adjustable PRVs
such as the Elkhart URFA and the new Zurn 5000 series.)     Placing the basis
of design on the documents is the first step and it enables enforcing the
placement of the required signage at the inlet(s) and this information can
literally shorten time-to-water by as much as 6-7 minutes by allowing the
engineer to start pumping much closer to the target at the tip, regardless of
whether the system has PRVs or not.

I also agree with JD that format isn’t critical.

SML