I didn’t. The only time it’d be an issue was if building permit plans hadn’t 
been approved, and there is some ongoing controversy with owner or architect 
over occupancy classification, especially H or not H. 

It may be that I worked in an office with a particularly close relationship 
with our building departments.

Best. 

Bruce Verhei 

> On Feb 6, 2020, at 19:52, JD Gamble via Sprinklerforum 
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> We see this from just one reviewer. We typically place a “room legend” in the 
> drawing with Room Name, Number, Occ Class, Sprinkler Count and SIN
> 
> Get Outlook for iOS
>  
> From: Sprinklerforum <[email protected]> on 
> behalf of Travis Mack via Sprinklerforum 
> <[email protected]>
> Sent: Thursday, February 6, 2020 8:50:02 PM
> To: <[email protected]> 
> <[email protected]>
> Cc: Travis Mack <[email protected]>
> Subject: Occupancy class each room?
>  
> How many put the IBC occupancy class of each room on a plan? I will call out 
> light hazard, OH1, OH2, etc. However, I’ve got a plan reviewer that is 
> requiring me to put the occupancy class of each room from the architectural 
> plans on our fire sprinkler plan. I have to label them S-1, A-3, F-1, etc. 
> I’ve never run into this before. I’m wondering if this is something I should 
> be doing or if this AHJ is out of her mind. 
> 
> For a small office, I have room name, ceiling height, NFPA hazard and now 
> occupancy class. There is no room for a sprinkler and pipe dimension. Some 
> days you just have to wonder WTH?
> 
> Travis Mack, CFPS, CWBSP, RME-G, SET
> 480-505-9271 x700
> MFP Design, LLC
> www.mfpdesign,com
> Send large files to MFP Design via:
> https://www.hightail.com/u/MFPDesign
> 
> Sent from my iPhone
> _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to