From: Sprinklerforum <sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org> On Behalf
Of Bob Caputo via Sprinklerforum
Sent: Friday, May 7, 2021 2:21 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Cc: Bob Caputo <bcap...@firesprinkler.org>
Subject: Re: Available Pressure from Fire Water Storage Tank

BE ADVISED - This email originated outside EMCOR.

No, you are not permitted to use elevation pressure from a gravity tank.
You do not know the elevation of the water in the tank which is depleted during
the operation of the systems in fighting the fire.  You are permitted to use
the pumps productive curve at 150% of rated flow and 65% of rated pressure

--
Bob Caputo, CFPS
*President*

*American Fire Sprinkler Association*
p: 214-349-5965 ext124
w:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://firesprinkler.org__;!!FaxH778!MwmcS9Z6kdvSk8BBDvSEZKAa_lVQdX5itceWIZ5JlOctBXBJRTpTUhR0gwxnxtdZ$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.facebook.com/firesprinkler.org/__;!!FaxH778!MwmcS9Z6kdvSk8BBDvSEZKAa_lVQdX5itceWIZ5JlOctBXBJRTpTUhR0g0ODmqgj$

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/afsa/status/1039528345367732224__;!!FaxH778!MwmcS9Z6kdvSk8BBDvSEZKAa_lVQdX5itceWIZ5JlOctBXBJRTpTUhR0g05HKijt$

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.linkedin.com/company/american-fire-sprinkler-association-afsa-/__;!!FaxH778!MwmcS9Z6kdvSk8BBDvSEZKAa_lVQdX5itceWIZ5JlOctBXBJRTpTUhR0g16NvBL1$

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.instagram.com/firesprinklerorg/__;!!FaxH778!MwmcS9Z6kdvSk8BBDvSEZKAa_lVQdX5itceWIZ5JlOctBXBJRTpTUhR0gyzgiHw2$

*Train a safer, more efficient workforce.*

By enrolling your employees in the AFSA Apprenticeship Training Series for
Sprinkler Fitters
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.firesprinkler.org/WWW/Education/Apprentice_Training/WWW/Education/Apprenticeship_Training.aspx?hkey=e88ef09e-d74c-407f-abcd-995aff866149__;!!FaxH778!MwmcS9Z6kdvSk8BBDvSEZKAa_lVQdX5itceWIZ5JlOctBXBJRTpTUhR0g0qznzuU$
 >, you will reap the benefits of a qualified, professional installation crew.
Well-trained employees will work smarter, increasing your company's
productivity and, in turn, its profits. Learn more
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.firesprinkler.org/WWW/Education/Apprentice_Training/WWW/Education/Apprenticeship_Training.aspx?hkey=e88ef09e-d74c-407f-abcd-995aff866149__;!!FaxH778!MwmcS9Z6kdvSk8BBDvSEZKAa_lVQdX5itceWIZ5JlOctBXBJRTpTUhR0g0qznzuU$
 > .

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in
error, please  immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system,
destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or
indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.