-----Original Message-----
From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org]
On Behalf Of Dane Long via Sprinklerforum
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2022 11:41 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Cc: Dane Long
Subject: RE: Open or exterior corridors

They reference section 1026.6

1026.6 Exterior stairway and ramp protection. Exterior exit stairways and
ramps shall be separated from the interior of the building as required in
Section 1022.2. Openings shall be limited to those necessary for egress from
normally occupied spaces.

And in particular Exception #4

4. Separation from the interior of the building is not required for exterior
stairways or ramps connected to open-ended corridors, provided that Items
4.1 through 4.5 are met:

        4.1. The building, including corridors, stairways or ramps, shall be
equipped throughout with an automatic sprinkler system in
        accordance with Section 903.3.1.1 (NFPA 13) or 903.3.1.2. (NPFA 13R)

Thanks,

Dane Long, AET
Engineering Technician | Bamford Fire Sprinkler Co., Inc.
P:    785.825.7710
F:    785.825.0667