From: Sprinkler Academy - C Bilbo <prodesigngr...@msn.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2022 8:44 AM
To: Joe Burtell <j...@burtellfire.com>; Steve Leyton
<st...@protectiondesign.com>
Cc: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: Re: [Sprinklerforum] Re: Nitrogen and CPVC

Joe,

Filling the system with nitrogen prior to filling with water would permit
"sparging" of the N2 with the H2O.  You could very well leave 14 psi of
nitrogen on the CPVC system prior to filling with water.  This would achieve an
added protective for your metal piping.

But, you may want to look at the soon-to-be-released vaping systems!  These
have undergone UL testing and are lower pressure air systems.

It should be recognized that the above is my opinion as a member of the NFPA,
and has not been processed as a formal interpretation in accordance with the
NFPA Regulations Governing Committee Projects and should therefore not be
considered, nor relied upon, as the official position of the the NFPA, nor any
of their technical committees.

Sincerely,

Cecil Bilbo
Academy of Fire Sprinkler Technology