From: Ed Kramer <e...@bamfordfire.com>
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2022 12:19 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] BFP on underground supply

NFPA 13 is pretty clear that some method of forward flow testing a fire
sprinkler system backflow preventer shall be provided. If the BFP is located at
the system riser (very common in these parts), we provide the required means.
So, who is
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
This message originated outside your organization.
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
NFPA 13 is pretty clear that some method of forward flow testing a fire
sprinkler system backflow preventer shall be provided.  If the BFP is located
at the system riser (very common in these parts), we provide the required means.

So, who is responsible for providing the means if the BFP is located in a pit
on the underground fire service, and the UG fire service (along with the
pit/BFP) is "by others"?  From a practical viewpoint, it's easy enough for us
to provide that at our system riser, but are we required to do so?  Or does
that responsibility fall on whomever installs the BFP?  I've not seen this
addressed anywhere in bid/contract documents.

Ed Kramer
Bamford Fire

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in
error, please  immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system,
destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or
indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.