I have an area which requires .60 over 2,000 sq. ft.. In the area requiring
.60, there are only 11 heads in the room and I am calcing 7 heads on the grid
line (1 grid line supply the room) at 115 sq. ft. per head. In order to calc
2,000 sq. ft. I am having to extend my calc into an area which requires only
.425 over 2,000 sq. ft. (and 135 sq. ft. per head). I am using Tyco EC-25
through out. In the Higher density Calculation, can I apply the specific head
requirements from the lesser density calc area? (.425 over 135 sq. ft.) into my
calculation? The 2 areas are separated by 1 hour rated walls. Any insight would
be appreciated. I believe I had done it before with light hazard and ordinary
hazard occupancies. I thought I had read and interpreted that scenario back in
2013, Did I read and interpret wrongly? And I cant remember the code section
(If it exists).
Thanks for any Input,George Medina Jr.