I am designing an NFPA 13 mid-rise apartment building that includes
three townhome-style two-floor apartments. The EOR put a note on the FP
plans to locate a hose valve on each floor of those units "AS REQUIRED." I
didn't put them on my plans because I have never seen them required in
similar units in other buildings. The EOR's review comments came back
saying "Fire Protection permit review indicated hose valves required in
2-story units." I have requested the fire protection permit review comments
and was told by the GC it is unlikely we'll receive them, and that I should
just include those valves. My plans were approved by the AHJ without those
valves. It is the EOR now refusing to accept my plans without the valves.

Are those valves required?