From: James Litvak <jameslit...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2024 6:55 AM
To: AFSA Sprinkler Forum <sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] Hose Valves in Townhome Apartments

I am designing an NFPA 13 mid-rise apartment building that includes three
townhome-style two-floor apartments. The EOR put a note on the FP plans to
locate a hose valve on each floor of those units "AS REQUIRED." I didn't put
them on my plans because I have never seen them required in similar units in
other buildings. The EOR's review comments came back saying "Fire Protection
permit review indicated hose valves required in 2-story units." I have
requested the fire protection permit review comments and was told by the GC it
is unlikely we'll receive them, and that I should just include those valves. My
plans were approved by the AHJ without those valves. It is the EOR now refusing
to accept my plans without the valves.

Are those valves required?