Interesting.   Most FD's understand that it's way better to BYOP.

Okay, so your building FDC is going to connect downstream of the fire pump, and
the SP system will be supplied by the FDC and pump in question.   If it was me,
I would branch off of the fire service lateral that's serving the building
after the (assumed) backflow and before the building service entry, then pipe
to the dock with its own PIV/FDC and "riser".   The specifics of the how and
where for those components notwithstanding...

The choice of manual/wet or automatic is solely at the discretion of the
responding FD, so if they love pumps so much that they'll pump a mid-rise,
maybe they'll want to pump the dock.   But if they prefer a manual (and we
heard from a LOT of fire departments that have waterfront operations in the
task group we formed to create Chapter 13 in the 2019), then you obviously
don't want to take the water supply from the building standpipe system.  We
queried fire service about whether there was a need for Class 2 hose boxes on
marina docks, which was the legacy solution.   We also asked about Class 1 and
the overwhelming preference was a manual Class 1 system.

The foregoing is my opinion only and does not represent NFPA or the NFPA 14
Technical Committee, nor intended to serve as an interpretation of the standard.

Steve