Hi Carlos thanks for the comments, my answers bellow

*Dockwidgets *
About the I have some ideas and I think I can fix that, by adding some
styles for just padding, margins etc.

The majority of people of Spyder at some point I would like it to be noobs,
noobs will not bother with changing
the appearance of spyder, they will take what is given and use it.

People that like to change and tweak and all those sort of things are
developers or contributors... not casual users

*Object Inspector*
Yes we need to add a division, the idea here is consistency.

By adding a modal dialog... I meant more a splash screen that displays
shortcuts like in the Ipython notebook and
Ubuntu when pressing the Windows "Special key" and stays while you keep the
button pressed, but dissapears otherwise

The Object inspector should not become a god object, we do not need to put
everything in there.

We need a separate start screen for the first run, and when updgrading a
new version.

*Border lines*
Look at this image

<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-hbTm14VGPGc/VMgXK_FAgEI/AAAAAAAC4Tk/-_7wkiys0yE/s1600/spyder-borders.png>

*Toolbars*
*"I like our toolbars because they suggest a lot of functionality", *
I do not think this is a strong enough reason...

*"That's because a lot of people has accustomed to our current look and
feel." *
When is this reason going to stop? Spyder icons will never change and will
continue to look ugly and not coherent if
we do not take the choice to improve and change and "displease" some users.

Microsoft changed to ribbons and everyone complained, now most people just
keep using them, not saying
ribbons are better

*Debug*
This is a very weak spot in spyder, not sure why you want to advertise it
openly by having its dedicated menu.
Maybe when it gets better...

*Consoles*
Directly in the dockwiget?

*General comments*
RStudio was just a comparison, it does not mean we need to replicate
everything they have done or will do.

Even if some people are used to a certain icon set and look, it shouldn't
stop us from pushing some "radical" changes

I still think the icon set looks ugly, outdated and too big (even if we use
Oxygen for eveything)

My overall concern is too make things *light, intuitive and simple,* no
doubt of *powerful, *and i would add* beautiful.*

This requires making the overall look of spyder uniform for EVERY single
widget and plugin!

Thanks for the answer :)

Cheers