On 03/21/2015 11:58 PM, Chris Edwards wrote:
Adrian,

Python 2.7.8 64bits, Qt 4.8.6, PyQt4 (API v2) 4.11.1 on Darwin

There was no change in behaviour and I still can’t import NetworkX from
within Spyder. I have actually successfully executed a program using
NetworkX from the command line!

I think what I need to do is somehow make Spyder recognise Python 2.7.9
but feel I am in some sort of infinite loop here!

End of previous post edited:

While you are in the Python interpreter I would also do:

>>> import sys
>>> sys.path

This will show you the PYTHONPATH the system interpreter is seeing.

Repeat this in your Spyder Python/IPython consoles to determine what PYTHONPATH they are seeing.

I gather from searching the web that I am not the first to have run into
problems with multiple versions of Python and wonder if his has been
addressed somewhere that I haven’t discovered.

Anyway thanks for the help so far.

Chris

--
Adrian Klaver