On 03/24/2015 04:08 AM, Chris Edwards wrote:
Adrian,

Below are my attempts to answer your questions.

_Attempt to run Ipython from OS X command line_

So IPython is not installed in the system Python.

So it appears that I can’t run IPython from the OS X command line and
(as before) networkx can be imported by the system Python.

_Where is
'/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spyder-1.1.3-py2.7.egg’
 coming
from?_

It looks as if the directory was installed when I first started
experimenting with Spyder in 2010.

Get rid of it.

_Access to Networkx_
_
_
Networkx is referenced in the path obtained from running

>>> import sys
>>> sys.path

from the terminal OS X command line and networkx can be imported
successfully. It is not referenced in the Spyder console path and can’t
be found by Spyder.

That is not what you showed in your previous post. Go back to it and take a look and confirm whether the paths you show are correct.

_What is in
/Applications/Spyder-Py2.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/site-packages?_

So the stuff that is packaged with Spyder.

———————————————————————————————————

The only site-packages file is a .zip file that I assume came along with
a download.

_Installation of Python 2.7.9_
_
_
I installed Python (hopefully correctly) by using the Launcher (icon
looks like a V2 rocket) that accompanied the download.I don’t understand
the relationship between the /Library and the /Applications file
references but they appear to me to be the main difference between the
system Python path and the Spyder Python path

Where did you get the Python package to begin with?

I suspect these answers may not really address what you want to know but
hope they help in some way.

I am thinking the only way to solve this is to go to square one and start over from scratch. The only caveat is how deeply your system depends on Python.

Chris

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com