On 05/30/2015 09:16 AM, Ben Gorman wrote:
Hey, thanks for y'all's help.  To answer your questions

1. I tested the same exact code in an IpythonNotebook as well as from
the Terminal and I ONLY get the warnings when running it in Spyder (via
the internal Ipython Console or the Python Console).

2. pd.__version__ gives me '0.15.2' and np.__version__ gives me '1.9.2'
in all locations (terminal, ipython notebook, spyder)

I uninstalled my Anaconda package using sudo rm -rf ~/anaconda,
resinstalled a fresh copy and I still get the warnings.

I tried to replicate on my machine using the dataset from your SO question. I am on openSUSE 13.1 and using the following:

* Spyder Version:  2.3.3
* Python Version:  2.7.6
* Qt Version    :  4.8.5, PyQt4 (API v2) 4.10.3 on Linux

## Optional dependencies

pyflakes >=0.5.0:  0.7.3 (OK)
pep8 >=0.6      :  1.5.7 (OK)
IPython >=1.0   :  2.3.0 (OK)
zmq >=2.1.11    :  14.5.0 (OK)
pygments >=1.6  :  1.6 (OK)
pandas >=0.13.1 :  0.15.2 (OK)
sphinx >=0.6.6  :  1.2.3 (OK)
psutil >=0.3    :  2.2.1 (OK)
jedi >=0.8.1    :  0.8.1-final0 (OK)
rope >=0.9.2    :  0.10.2 (OK)
matplotlib >=1.0:  1.3.1 (OK)
sympy >=0.7.0   :  None (NOK)
pylint >=0.25   :  1.4.3 (OK)

np.__version__
Out[2]: '1.9.2'

I could not get the same error as you. All I can point you at is the following:

Similar problem to yours-
https://github.com/pydata/pandas/issues/9950

The pandas bug fix-
https://github.com/pydata/pandas/issues/9764

The fix applied in pandas 0.16.1-
http://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/whatsnew.html#bug-fixes

If it is possible you may try upgrading to 0.16.1.

On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 10:35:02 AM UTC-5, Ben Gorman wrote:

    Installed a fresh copy of Anaconda, launched Spyder, then ran the
    following

    |import  pandasas  pd
    import  numpyas  np

    train=  pd.read_csv('/Users/Ben/Documents/Kaggle/Titanic/train.csv')
    train|

    which gave me the errors

    |//anaconda/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pandas/core/format.py:1969:
RuntimeWarning:  invalid value encounteredin  greater
       has_large_values=  (abs_vals>  1e8).any()
    //anaconda/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pandas/core/format.py:1970:
RuntimeWarning:  invalid value encounteredin  less
       has_small_values=  ((abs_vals<  10  **  (-self.digits))  &
    //anaconda/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pandas/core/format.py:1971:
RuntimeWarning:  invalid value encounteredin  greater
       (abs_vals>  0)).any()|

    |(although the dataframe did print after these errors). Why am I
    seeing this and what should I do? I do not get these errors when I
    run the same code in an Ipython Notebook.|

    |Also posted this on StackOverlow

<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30519487/pandas-error-invalid-value-encountered>.|

    Thanks!

Adrian Klaver