On 10/06/2015 04:59 AM, Dan Codiga wrote:
OK thanks for pointing that out. Good to know for sure.

... and it seems like someone (qtconsole developers? ipython
developers?) should realize that it is quite jarring to see this

?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object', use 'object??' for extra details.
%guiref   -> A brief reference about the graphical user interface.

In [1]:

every time one initiates ipython -- but then also get the "%guiref not
found" error if one simply follows that final suggested line and enters
%guiref ...

The fix should be trival, but I'm unsure how best to get the word over
to the correct people.

File a bug:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues

each time ipython is initiated

On Monday, October 5, 2015 at 7:28:22 PM UTC-4, Adrian Klaver wrote:

    On 10/05/2015 11:30 AM, Dan Codiga wrote:
     > Here is a more complete explanation for my case (my earlier input
    was
     > admittedly less than informative!). Am realizing now it's
    probably not a
     > Spyder-specific issue.
     >
     > I am running Anaconda Python 2.7.10-1 in 64-bit Windows. I just
    updated
     > to spyder 2.3.7. I also updated my ipython-qtconsole to 4.0.1.
     >
     > I get the error on opening ipython using any of these ways:
     >
     > * 'ipython qtconsole' from the commandline in an 'Anaconda
    Command Window'

     > * starting the qt console application direct from the Anaconda
    Launcher
     > (1.0.0)
     >
     > * ipython qt console within spyder, after launching spyder from
    Anaconda
     > Launcher (in either of the two Anaconda environments I use) or just
     > launching spyder directly

    Well, looks like %guiref is no longer in IPython 4:

http://ipython.readthedocs.org/en/stable/interactive/magics.html?highlight=magic#magic-magic

    <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

    --

adrian.kla...@aklaver.com