The version of spyder in conda is still 3.0.0, so you have to update Spyder
through pip.

I used pip to update to Spyder 3.0.1 in this morning and had some little
problem in update sphinx to version 1.4.8

My solution is to update sphinx through conda first

conda update sphinx

and then update Spyder through pip

pip install -U spyder

maybe you can try it