Hi,

Also posted this question at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21109218/alembic-support-for-multiple-postgres-schemas,

not sure what the best place to continue is.

My problem is the following:

I have one SQL alchemy model with no schema specifications. In my database
though I duplicate several tables over multiple schemas, which correspond
to different application  users. Every schemas that contain subsets of the
SQL alchemy model's tables. The schema is set at the application run-time
to the proper value based on the logged-in user, with session.execute("SET
search_path TO client1,shared") for example. I also have a shared schema
which contains some tables; the rest of the tables are duplicated over
multiple schemas.

I want to use Alembic's --autogenerate to migrate all my schemas. The
default --autogenerate behavior is detecting multiple schemas that do not
exist in the model and ends up deleting the schemas and re-creating every
table in the default schema.

I would really like to use --autogenerate though, with the proper plumbing
to set the schemas correctly. Any suggestions on if/how Alembic's API can
do this?
Regards,
Dimitris