I am using the pyhive library which includes a partial implementation of
the 'hive' dialect. I have edited various aspects of this dialect but I am
still unable to affect the initial create table statement that Alembic is
issuing to build the alembic_version table. Here is what Alembic is issuing:

'CREATE TABLE `alembic_version` (\n\t`version_num` STRING NOT NULL,
\n\tCONSTRAINT `alembic_version_pkc` PRIMARY KEY (`version_num`)\n)\n\n'

And here is what I need:
'CREATE TABLE `alembic_version` (\n\t`version_num` STRING\n)\n\n'

I have attempted to add a visit_primary_key_constraint() method to my
dialect which simply returns '' but this is having no effect. And I am a
bit lost in finding which method I should override to ensure I never append
a 'NOT NULL' string to the end of a column specification.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Alexander