If you look at the pyramid-cookiecutter-starter [1] the integration
modifies the env.py file to load the url from the app settings instead of
the alembic section of the ini. This allows you to put a copy-pasta
[alembic] section into the file which points at the migrations/slug
format/etc and sources the url from elsewhere.

Maybe someone else has something better, but that's what we're using right
now.

[1]
https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid-cookiecutter-starter/blob/41a23afa7e05958f53100a31dfd8aaabaeab67e9/%7B%7Bcookiecutter.repo_name%7D%7D/%7B%7Bcookiecutter.repo_name%7D%7D/sqlalchemy_alembic/env.py

--